If you are using us for the first time the following may help you understand our aims and policies as well as get the most out of our website. For full terms and conditions please click here.
You can browse our website by the categories to the left. These are listed by scale but please remember that some items are not gauge specific, for example: -
- Electrical equipment (power controllers, point motors)
- Scenery (ballast or scatter)
- Digital Command Control
- Paints, Oil and Adhesives
These can be found under the "Non Gauge Specific" category.
If you already know the manufacturers reference number you can enter this in the search field at the top centre of the page above. You can also enter more general search terms. We try and list the manufacturers reference as it is shown in the catalogue, but this can sometimes cause problems if the reference contains a hyphen or dot. Some manufacturers can vary in their application of hypens etc, so see below for our naming conventions: -
- All Bachmann products are shown as xx-xxx (For example 32-000, or 39-260)
- All Graham Farish products are shown as xxx-xxx (For example 371-360, or 374-055)
- All Dapol products are shown without hyphen or dot
- All Peco products are shown as xx-xx (For example PL-10, NB-34, ST-20. Generally the Peco reference is always two letters, then the hyphen, then the number. The length of this number can vary)
- All Woodland Scenics items are shown without hyphen or dot
Once you have found the item(s) you require these can be added to your basket. This works in the standard web-industry way and you should have no trouble if you are used to ordering on-line. You will need to register to complete your order and you can do this at the checkout stage.
Once you have registered you will be able to log-in in future and track your order. You can also change details through the "My Account" section which only becomes visible once you have logged in.
On your first order you will not be able to specify a different delivery address. This is for card security purposes so that we can be sure that the transaction is being made by the account holder. Once you have successfully placed and received an order you will be able to specify a different delivery address.
You may wish to join our loyalty scheme - for further details click here.
When we receive your order we will then process this. Remember that all stock availabilty is indicated on our website and if you have ordered an out of stock item it may take a little longer. The website will show an indication of how long it may take but these are for guidance purposes only. When we are ready to send the items we will send you an email to let you know they are about to leave the mail room.
All items have their stock availability clearly shown. There are four different stock availability messages: -
- "In Stock - Usually dispatched within 24 hours". This indicates that the item is in our store and available for immediate despatch. We cannot always send the item immediately - you may have ordered more of the item than we have in stock or sometimes the item may be picked up by a customer in the shop before we have had a chance to pick the item ourselves!
- "Temporarily out of stock - usually dispatched within 14 days. xx have already been ordered from our suppliers". This indicates that the item is already on order. The 14 days is only an estimate and may vary, especially if the items are from small manufacturers such as P&D Marsh, Springside or Shawplan for example, as these manufacturers tend to produce items to order.
- "Temporarily out of stock - usually dispatched within 28 days". This indicates that we are out of stock of the item and that it has not yet been ordered from our supplier. The 28 days is only an estimate and we can often supply these items quicker than this.
- "On Order - an estimated delivery date may be shown in the product description". This indicates that the item is a new release. The dates given are only estimates but by ordering these items you are guaranteed to receive them as soon as they are released.
If you have ordered items that are out of stock then we may do any of the following at our discretion: -
- Hold the entire order until all items are in stock (generally we will do this if the out of stock items are due within 7 days or so)
- Charge the entire order and send out of stock items to follow post free (generally we will do this if the out of stock items are due within 28 days)
- Charge for the items that are in stock and send out of stock items to follow. We would then charge for the out of stock item when this came into stock. (Generally we will do this if the out of stock items have no expected due date.)
- Hold the entire order (generally we will do this if you have ordered new releases and send them as they come into stock)
If you have placed an order for over £150 to get it post free to within the UK and you subsequently cancel or return an item that would make the order below £150 then we reserve the right to charge postage at our current rate.
If you have placed an order for new releases that is then over £150, but the new releases are due over several months, we will generally hold the item until sufficient items are in stock to make the parcel over £150. However, if you use us regularly we may at our discretion send new releases as soon as we receive them and not charge postage provided the initial order was over £150.
If you are ordering from outside of the UK, please read our postal charges.
In the unlikely event you need to return an item, please read our return policy.
We pride ourselves on our customer service and we like to get to know our customers. Please visit our about us section if you would like to know a little more about us.